POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture + diffuse : Re: texture + diffuse Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture + diffuse
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Jan 2002 10:26:48
Message: <chrishuff-304553.10284928012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c55354b$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Felix Wiemann" <Fel### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> Why isn't the whole texture changed? What can I do to change the
> diffuse value of the whole texture?
> I use POV-Ray 3.5.

What you are doing is creating another texture layer with the default
texture used for everything but the diffuse. You want:
plane {z, 0
    texture {
        T_Stone25
        finish {
            diffuse 2
        }
    }
}

BTW, it also greatly helps readability if you neatly indent the code,
indenting inner blocks more than their containing blocks, and it helps
avoid this sort of problem later on. You don't necessarily have to do it
the way I did it, just be consistent and use *some* indentation.