POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PNG and Alpha Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  PNG and Alpha (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Rev  Bob 'Bob' Crispen
Subject: Re: PNG and Alpha
Date: 11 Nov 2001 05:19:50
Message: <Xns91562ADE035A4revbob@127.0.0.1>
The kindly Rev. overheard Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> saying on 11 Nov
2001:

> Slime <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>: No, but if you work with web pages at all, and you're interested
>: in using transparent images in IE, there's an Active-X object that
>: loads a PNG file
>
>   And makes the page Windows-IE-only?

Nope, it means that Microsoft has adhered to published standards.  So
has Netscape, sort of.

I'm happy to bash Microsoft for any legitimate reason, but this isn't
one of them.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

A dead thing can go with a stream, only a living thing can go
against it. - G.K. Chesterton

Post a reply to this message

> IIRC, use PNG as output format, and add the +UA switch to the
> command-line. It's in the docs.

Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

>>: No, but if you work with web pages at all, and you're interested
>>: in using transparent images in IE, there's an Active-X object that
>>: loads a PNG file
>>
>>   And makes the page Windows-IE-only?
>
> Nope, it means that Microsoft has adhered to published standards.  So
> has Netscape, sort of.
>
> I'm happy to bash Microsoft for any legitimate reason, but this isn't
> one of them.

Since when is ActiveX an Internet standard???

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> Since when is ActiveX an Internet standard???

Perhaps he was speaking about the ability to load a PNG in
a web page?

--
Adrien Beau   adr### [at] freefr   http://adrien.beau.free.fr/

Post a reply to this message

>> Since when is ActiveX an Internet standard???
>
> Perhaps he was speaking about the ability to load a PNG in
> a web page?

Yes, but it doesn't make any sense in this context.  At least not if you
read the message and what he replied to with it.  Somehow Bob got it all the
other way around...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde