POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PNG and Alpha : Re: PNG and Alpha Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG and Alpha
From: Rev  Bob 'Bob' Crispen
Date: 11 Nov 2001 05:19:50
Message: <Xns91562ADE035A4revbob@127.0.0.1>
The kindly Rev. overheard Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> saying on 11 Nov
2001:

> Slime <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>: No, but if you work with web pages at all, and you're interested
>: in using transparent images in IE, there's an Active-X object that
>: loads a PNG file
>
>   And makes the page Windows-IE-only?

Nope, it means that Microsoft has adhered to published standards.  So
has Netscape, sort of.

I'm happy to bash Microsoft for any legitimate reason, but this isn't
one of them.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

A dead thing can go with a stream, only a living thing can go
against it. - G.K. Chesterton