POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PNG and Alpha : Re: PNG and Alpha Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG and Alpha
From: Ken
Date: 12 Nov 2001 21:02:43
Message: <3BF07F76.DCCF6EEF@pacbell.net>
Rune wrote:

> I think it would be nice if something like this could be posted to
> povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions, perhaps even inside the AUP, but
> not necessarily. The worst case is writing one new line and then quoting
> 100+ lines in the end of the message, which unfortunately happens quite
> often...

People adopt quoting styles that they themselves are comfortable with.
While we have discussed the possiblity of posting something like that
it has been argued that few will comply and we would also end up looking
like a bunch of nit picking control freaks. For the most part the majority
of people around here use acceptable quoting practices. It's not nearly
as bad here as what you see on USENET.

--
Ken Tyler