POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobman 5.0? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Blobman 5.0? (Message 21 to 30 of 39)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Blobman 5.0?
Date: 18 Oct 2001 12:58:23
Message: <3bcf0a2f@news.povray.org>
I can't help with the modeling, but I could perhaps help with renewing the
overall structure of how the include file works.

Right now there is a default body hardcoded in the include file, but you can
exchange the body parts. I'd prefer to have the model separated from the
rest of the include file, so you can easily plug in any model you desire.

You also have to pose the character using rotations (forward kinematics).
I'd prefer if you could decide yourself if you want to use rotations, or
some other way of control, such as inverse kinematics. Thus, I think the
pose interface of the include should be separated from the rest.

Basically, what I'm thinking of is a very generic include file that lets you
use customized versions of almost everything, like models, poses,
interfaces, etc. Not much would be left of the original BlobMan, and the
include file probably should have a new name because the models don't have
to be made of blobs, but that's not a bad thing is it?

If you're interested in my assistance, I could design a new structure for
the include file in details.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)