POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  zRCube (POV Clone) (Message 11 to 20 of 60)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
Date: 31 May 2001 04:18:56
Message: <3b15fe70@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] povrayorg...
> In article <3b156c2e@news.povray.org>,
>  "Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:
>
> > Why a clone? Well it uses POV-Rays scene description language. Cheers to
> > Thomas for the heads up.
>
> It sounds like it's a completely different kind of renderer, sharing
> most of the SDL, but using other rendering and lighting methods(like
> "real" radiosity, not Monte-Carlo raytracing like POV uses). They also
> don't seem to know that POV itself will be rewritten soon...

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why doesn't Pov use real radiosity? Will
future versions have real radiosity as an option? It would be nice to have both
methods available IMHO.  =)

Maybe the coding is too difficult, or copyrighted in a way that Pov couldn't use
it?

Nekar

Post a reply to this message