POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) : Re: zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:05:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 31 May 2001 04:41:49
Message: <3b1603cd@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote in message

> Maybe this is a stupid question, but why doesn't Pov use real radiosity?
Will
> future versions have real radiosity as an option? It would be nice to have
both
> methods available IMHO.  =)

afaik 'Real' radiosity requires triangle meshes. That means for pov to
implement it, every object would need to be tesselated (Converted to
triangles). Easy enough for boxes, imagine tesselating a julia fractal
or a complex isosurface...

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *