POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Request: new simple pattern (Message 21 to 30 of 77)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Request: new simple pattern
Date: 8 Jan 2001 13:27:05
Message: <3a5a0679@news.povray.org>

> Rune wrote:
> > gradient2 y would from y=0 to y=1 return 0 to 1. But unlike
> > regular gradient y it would stay at 1 at y>1 instead of
> > repeating. At y<0 it would return 0.
>
> It has already been done... but not in the official 3.1g
> Please have a look about SHEET (or BAND ?) in some unofficial
> version. It is exactly what it does.

Thanks for the tip!

Glad others than me could see the usefulness of such a pattern! ;)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 8 Jan 2001 14:51:23
Message: <3a5a1a3a@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] inamecom> wrote:

> "J?r?me Grimbert" wrote:
>> Rune wrote:
>> > gradient2 y would from y=0 to y=1 return 0 to 1. But unlike
>> > regular gradient y it would stay at 1 at y>1 instead of
>> > repeating. At y<0 it would return 0.
>>
>> It has already been done... but not in the official 3.1g
>> Please have a look about SHEET (or BAND ?) in some unofficial
>> version. It is exactly what it does.

> Thanks for the tip!

> Glad others than me could see the usefulness of such a pattern! ;)

I've always wanted a pattern like that, although what I'd like is more of an
S curve.  Lots of mathematical formulae work for that, though.

Geoff

Post a reply to this message