POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 9 Jan 2001 11:25:18
Message: <3A5B3C0E.65122F4F@aetec.ee>
John VanSickle wrote:
> The chief flaw of many modellers I've seen is the tendency for all
> editing to be done in planes parallel to the coordinate axes.  While
> working on my modeller [1], I found that being able to interactively
> rotate the view of the project makes it much easier to understand what
> one is doing.

[Snip]
> ... This is not hard, but
> designing an intuitive user interface is proving to be difficult...

If You want to see good modeller with this respect, then I'd recommend
to try Rhino (www.rhino3d.com). It has quite intuitive and well thought
user interface: views in all viewports could be changed on fly (even
during selecting point or giving input to some complex command),
zooming, rotating, panning is easy with keys or mouse. Additional nice
feature is dynamic shading in view: one can move surface control points
and view result in other view immediately...