POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Jan 2001 12:16:51
Message: <chrishuff-4F97C9.12183009012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a5b2a96@news.povray.org>, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg>
wrote:

> > The positive way of thinking of it is: "Monitor and mouse works in two
> > dimensions only, but in my head I can visualise things in 3d"
>
> You feel like you just want to reach in there and grab the darn thing!

That is exactly how I feel...the only modeller I would be able to use
efficiently would be one with a 3D display(goggles are clumsy, something
like shutter-glasses or those 3D monitors), complete freedom of movement
of the point of view, and probably using some kind of VR gloves to
manipulate objects, with the "number typing" method available.
Otherwise, I'm always struggling to get things positioned where I have
them visualized.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><