POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: Tom Melly
Date: 9 Jan 2001 08:14:46
Message: <3a5b0ec6@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message

> And if I may say so, even when modelling in povray, I've found that a
little
> more work and discipline up front can avoid "where is my object?"
headaches
> later--such as deciding up front that my blob character will have feet

The white man speaks truth. My big mistake in early pov was to define, say,
a table at <10,0,15>, then define a candle-stick at <10,5,15>, then decide
that the candlestick was too small, scale it up and watch it disappear over
the horizon. Nowdays, all my objects and object components start with some
logical point at <0,0,0>.