POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  What happened to off-topic? (Message 39 to 48 of 68)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: What happened to off-topic?
Date: 29 Dec 2000 15:56:05
Message: <3A4CF8AE.36830AAA@faricy.net>
Matt Giwe wrote:

>         Australian law considers it a felony to criticize Israel

?
ugh

From: David Fontaine
Date: 29 Dec 2000 15:58:34
Message: <3A4CF942.EA6FCF64@faricy.net>
Bill Dewitt wrote:

> > Just an idea, but is it possible to limit the number of messages from the
> same person
> > to, for example, 4 per 24 hours (Team and TAG members excepted) ?
>
>     Although I disagree with the intent (that of regulating free
> conversation), if this is the result that is wanted it is not a bad idea.
> But I would suggest a KB limit rather than a post limit. Reason being that
> there are a couple of kids here that offend no one by posting several dozen
> small posts a night about a video game or whatever. The post limit would
> stop that sort of friendly chat, but a KB limit would stop the single large
> diatribe that offends more people.

And a KB limit wouldn't have a workaround of quoting several posts and replying
once.

From: David Fontaine
Date: 29 Dec 2000 16:02:59
Message: <3A4CFA49.5EB29362@faricy.net>
Matt Giwe wrote:

>         Emotion has no place in reason. So an emotional response is prima facia
> evidence of the response not befitting a member of a rational species.

So if the response is neither, what does that mean?

From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 30 Dec 2000 09:05:04
Message: <3a4deb90$1@news.povray.org>
"Matt Giwe" <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote in message
<snip>
> It is also a path of enlightenment should they ever ask why they view
> something emotionally rather than intellectually.
>
> Emotion has no place in reason. So an emotional response is prima facia
> evidence of the response not befitting a member of a rational species.

blah blah blah blah blah.
Hey, you're out of off topic now!
Just behave like ~everyone~ else does in here for goodness sake :(   (well,
~did~ before you turned up).
I really don't think you're getting much support here like this, and I'm
sure I'm not the only one who's getting kinda fed up of it and/or you!

Matt

Post a reply to this message

"Matthew Bennett" <the### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote in message
> "Matt Giwe" <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote in message
> <snip>
> > It is also a path of enlightenment should they ever ask why they view
> > something emotionally rather than intellectually.
> >
> > Emotion has no place in reason. So an emotional response is prima facia
> > evidence of the response not befitting a member of a rational species.
>
> blah blah blah blah blah.
> Hey, you're out of off topic now!
> Just behave like ~everyone~ else does in here for goodness sake :(
(well,
> ~did~ before you turned up).
> I really don't think you're getting much support here like this, and I'm
> sure I'm not the only one who's getting kinda fed up of it and/or you!

Well said!!

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message