POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flower power Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Flower power (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Flower power
Date: 22 Oct 2003 02:41:24
Message: <3F962693.84387F65@Rapidnet.com>
Does anybody know how to design a flower using an IsoSurface? (Is this
even possible?)
I only need the flower itself, not the stem.

Anthony D. Baye.

Post a reply to this message

From: Hughes, B
Subject: Re: Flower power
Date: 22 Oct 2003 09:24:36
Message: <3f968514$1@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how to design a flower using an IsoSurface? (Is this
> even possible?)
> I only need the flower itself, not the stem.

How elaborate a flower? Unrealistic daisy is simple. Realistic rose much
more difficult. At least from what I'm thinking it would be.

The daisy could be a radial pattern, like so:

function {
 pattern {
  radial
  scallop_wave frequency 6 // shape and number of petals
  rotate 90*x
 }
}

Then used as:

isosurface {
 function {
  (x*x+y*y+z*z) // sphere shape
  -
  FlowerPattern(x,y,z)
 }
 contained_by {
  box {<-1,-1,-0.1>,<1,1,0.1>} // middle slice
 }
    pigment {
        spherical
            color_map {
                [0.75 color rgb <1,1,1>]
                [0.8 color rgb <1,1,0>]
            }
        }
}

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com

Post a reply to this message

I was thinking, like a rose or something.

                                            Anthony D. Baye

"Hughes, B." wrote:

> "Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote in message
> > Does anybody know how to design a flower using an IsoSurface? (Is this
> > even possible?)
> > I only need the flower itself, not the stem.
>
> How elaborate a flower? Unrealistic daisy is simple. Realistic rose much
> more difficult. At least from what I'm thinking it would be.
>
> The daisy could be a radial pattern, like so:
>
> function {
>  pattern {
>   radial
>   scallop_wave frequency 6 // shape and number of petals
>   rotate 90*x
>  }
> }
>
> Then used as:
>
> isosurface {
>  function {
>   (x*x+y*y+z*z) // sphere shape
>   -
>   FlowerPattern(x,y,z)
>  }
>  contained_by {
>   box {<-1,-1,-0.1>,<1,1,0.1>} // middle slice
>  }
>     pigment {
>         spherical
>             color_map {