POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flower power : Re: Flower power Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower power
From: Hughes, B
Date: 22 Oct 2003 20:08:42
Message: <3f971c0a$1@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote in message
> I was thinking, like a rose or something.

Suspected so, and although maybe there's some way to cobble together some
patterns I would expect a mathematical formulation could ultimately be the
answer you're looking for.

I'm probably not going to be the one who might provide that, sorry. I did
get an ugly rose-like thing using the onion pattern, having frequency of 4
and scaled larger in one direction; also turbulated a little.  :-)

I had thought this might be something already done by someone before but I
sure can't locate anything concerning a isosurface flower. I suppose I'm
thinking of meshes.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com