POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media interaction Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  media interaction (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Eleven
Subject: Re: media interaction
Date: 9 May 2003 20:44:21
Message: <3EBC4B64.1020800@xith.net>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> Don't use absorbing media. Use scattering media with an extinction of 0.
> Actually, the way you're doing it is rather limiting and CPU intensive,
> just putting emitting media around the object would be better.

The only problem I find with that is that you don't get the effect of
light pouring out of cracks in an object (which is really what I'm going
for; guess I should have been more specific), though I suppose I could
do something with manually adding emitting media in the proper shapes...

-M.C. ArZeCh

Post a reply to this message