POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media interaction : Re: media interaction Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media interaction
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 May 2003 22:08:29
Message: <cjameshuff-4F085C.22083210052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EB### [at] xithnet>, Eleven <pov### [at] xithnet> wrote:

> Cool, I got the light beams workin'. Thanks :) What exactly does
> "media_interaction off" do, then? Does it only apply to scattering effects?

It makes the light not illuminate media and not get attenuated by
passing through media...media becomes shadowless to it. Scattering media
is the only media that can reflect light, and both scattering and
absorbing media can block light.

> And since it comes up, how exactly does one design a density pattern?
> The documentation doesn't seem very clear on it.

Your question isn't very clear. Are you having a specific problem?
Mainly it is just trial and error, experience, and progressive
refinement. Start with something simple and build on it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/