POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media interaction : Re: media interaction Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media interaction
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 May 2003 20:58:58
Message: <cjameshuff-4DF01C.20585809052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EB### [at] xithnet>, Eleven <pov### [at] xithnet> wrote:

> The only problem I find with that is that you don't get the effect of
> light pouring out of cracks in an object (which is really what I'm going
> for; guess I should have been more specific), though I suppose I could
> do something with manually adding emitting media in the proper shapes...

Ah, I thought you were just talking about a plain halo effect. To do
this accurately you do need scattering, just set extinction to 0. If the
beams of light don't need to correspond exactly to openings in the
object, emitting media and a carefully designed density pattern might
work.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/