POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ISO-Tutorials? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  ISO-Tutorials? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: ISO-Tutorials?
Date: 10 Mar 2002 07:00:56
Message: <3C8B4B17.CE65A006@gmx.de>
I just wanted to ask if there's a very useful
and detailed ISO-Surface-Tutorial for
POV-Ray 3.5 (not MegaPOV!) available
somewhere.

I know that I could look at MegaPOV
tutorials and beforehand learn to know
the discrepancies between POV-Ray 3.5
and MegaPOV SDL by heart, but I'd prefer
3.5 tutorials...

--
Tim Nikias

From: Hugo
Subject: Re: ISO-Tutorials?
Date: 10 Mar 2002 07:10:45
Message: <3c8b4d45$1@news.povray.org>
The best and only one for 3.5 I know of is:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Mar 2002 08:06:07
Message: <3C8B5A3E.5C69EC85@gmx.de>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> I just wanted to ask if there's a very useful
> and detailed ISO-Surface-Tutorial for
> POV-Ray 3.5 (not MegaPOV!) available
> somewhere.

There is a short one right in the Povray 3.5 docs (section 3.6.3)

And once again, isosurfaces have nothing to do with the ISO
(http://www.iso.org/) so there is no reason for writing it this way.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,