POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cross-platform editor Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  cross-platform editor (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Fabien HENON
Subject: cross-platform editor
Date: 26 Jan 2002 07:07:10
Message: <3C529BAB.1010301@club-internet.fr>
I am currently learning to use the python script-language. I know that
there are a few toolkits available freely to create GUIs ( with windows,
buttons, drop-down windows,...) like wxpython, wpy. These toolkits can
be used with nearly the same look-like feeling on different platform.

This is a novice question : Is it possible to write a cross-platform
(Linux, windows, Mac) editor for POV using python and these tools ?

When I switch to Linux, I miss the usability of the windows version of
POV (Hotkeys, the help.chm, the syntax highlighting,....).

I know that there is a POV-mode version for Emacs, but like many
beginners under linux, it puts me off.

Nedit works fine but it needs some tweaking for the syntax highlights.

Going back to my question : it is feasible ?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message