POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cross-platform editor : Re: cross-platform editor Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cross-platform editor
From: Peter Popov
Date: 26 Jan 2002 07:26:15
Message: <9p755u8u1mg84eglfhfpc3djf4g4gcrn1j@4ax.com>
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:06:03 +0100, Fabien HENON
<ffj### [at] club-internetfr> wrote:

>I know that there is a POV-mode version for Emacs, but like many
>beginners under linux, it puts me off.

There's also a Vim syntax file for POV, though I believe Vim will be
even more appalling to a beginner than Emacs.

>Nedit works fine but it needs some tweaking for the syntax highlights.

check out http://www.scintilla.org/, it's better than Nedit IMHO and
there's a Windows version as well as a GTK version which, I believe,
is not Linux-only (i.e. can be compiled on any Unix with GTK, maybe
even OS/X)

>Going back to my question : it is feasible ?

Sorry, I can't answer that. I know it would be good, though :)
Especially if, along with the Windows FUI features, you include the
ones from the wonderful Mac GUI, too.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg