POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! (Message 31 to 40 of 74)
From: Tony[B]
Subject: Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
Date: 15 Dec 2001 15:38:16
Message: <3c1bb4b8@news.povray.org>
Oh, wow. Excellent.

Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Date: 15 Dec 2001 15:54:15
Message: <3c1bb877@news.povray.org>

One question: what is the reason for nearest count 3?
Will you increase the value for the final render?

Norbert

> global_settings{
>   assumed_gamma 1.0
>   radiosity{
>     pretrace_start 0.04
>     pretrace_end 2/400
>     count 200
>     recursion_limit 2
>     nearest_count 3
>     error_bound 0.5
>   }
> }
>
> _____________
> Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message

From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 15 Dec 2001 16:01:24
Message: <3C1BBA3A.EA4AD09E@engineer.com>
Warp wrote:

>   What are those white artifacts near the center of the image?

Sunlight through the windows. Where is the sun supposed to be?
The rules don't explicitly specify it. Do I have to dig out
a solar system simulator and calculate the position :)

Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message