POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Ari-Matti Leppanen
Date: 16 Dec 2001 09:49:55
Message: <3c1cb493@news.povray.org>
"Fabien Mosen" <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote in message
news:3C1### [at] skynetbe...
> Ari-Matti Leppanen wrote:
>
> > These aren't good looking, just testing this trick.
>

> Is what you did *really* equivalent to bypassing the reflection in
> radiance samples ?

The documentations says: 6.11.11.1 "..provides a way to replace the last
term - the constant ambient light value - with a light level which is based
on what surfaces are nearby..".
By that I would say that reflections don't affect the result so it's *not
really* equivalent.
Then speed difference is probably from the fact that always_sample is off in
the second case. I should check if there's a difference when it's on.

Ari-Matti