POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : real world size Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  real world size (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Alex McMurray
Subject: real world size
Date: 2 Dec 2001 14:22:35
Message: <3C094B8B.7A0C066D@melbpc.org.au>
Hi all,

This has probably been asked before, but how large a real world
environment can can be simulated in POV.

I want to do a planetary system, showing, as near as possible, real
scale distances and body sizes.

eg. maybe 0.1 POV unit = 1 kilometer.

I know there can be work arounds using forced perspective, which I have
used before, but I want to try something different.

Thanks Alex.
--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.