POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : real world size : Re: real world size Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: real world size
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 3 Dec 2001 14:18:06
Message: <3C0BCFD4.ED845969@aol.com>
Alex McMurray wrote:

> >I want to do a planetary system, showing, as near as possible, real
> >scale distances and body sizes.

It seems like this would work, but for some reason it doesn't. If you make
a sphere with a radius of 400,000 units with an ambient value as high as
you like, and place yourself 93 million units from it, you will not be able
to see it, as you would the sun from the earth. I don't know if it is an
internal math thing in POV-Ray or what, but I know that it is ture. Try it.