POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : real world size : Re: real world size Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: real world size
From: Slime
Date: 2 Dec 2001 14:38:41
Message: <3c0a8341$1@news.povray.org>
> I want to do a planetary system, showing, as near as possible, real
> scale distances and body sizes.
>
> eg. maybe 0.1 POV unit = 1 kilometer.
>
> I know there can be work arounds using forced perspective, which I have
> used before, but I want to try something different.

POV-Ray should be able to handle it. If distances start getting too big,
just decrease your scale.

You should know, though, that if you place things at the correct positions
and size, they'll be so small and far apart from each other that if you can
see one of them, you can't see any of the others, except for the sun. Just
think about how small jupiter and saturn and other planets look from earth.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]