POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-City Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  POV-City (Message 31 to 36 of 36)
From: s1631001
Subject: Re: POV-City
Date: 12 Dec 2001 04:45:17
Message: <3C1724F3.33C087DA@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Matt Walton wrote:

> What would be nice for the website is some indication of what kind of
> values the macros will return under certain conditions, when I looked
> yesterday there wasn't any - it wouldn't be much good if snowy sculpture
> appeared when POV-City thinks it's the middle of summer!

Umm... If you mean some way to let the user know what time of year it
is, you can use the PVC_date_now() macro (see the "Global Stuff"
section). In POV-City, every Christmas is a white one, so you don't need
to check if it has snowed yet, just the time of year; POV-City winter
will start around November and continue until January.

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight"

Post a reply to this message