POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-City : Re: POV-City Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-City
From: Andrea Ryan
Date: 15 Dec 2001 22:33:53
Message: <3C1C1552.5692627E@global2000.net>
> Umm... If you mean some way to let the user know what time of year it
> is, you can use the PVC_date_now() macro (see the "Global Stuff"
> section). In POV-City, every Christmas is a white one, so you don't need
> to check if it has snowed yet, just the time of year; POV-City winter
> will start around November and continue until January.

That means that POV-City will be in the northern hemisphere.  How about
having different degrees of snow cover so we can have islands of snow
in late fall, early winter and early spring.  What areas of the world
has its snowing period of winter finish by January?  I guess that the
Gluf Stream keeps Europe warm.  In the northeastern United States, there
could be big snow storms as late as mid-March although this winter looks
like it will be a warm one here.  A few years ago, on the last days of
March, the temperature went up into the low 80's.  Is this weird
variation from year to year as compared to other areas?  Would POV-City
be inland or anywhere within a few hundred miles of the ocean or large
lakes?
Brendan