POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translucent texture Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Translucent texture (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Abe
Subject: Translucent texture
Date: 18 Jun 2001 18:02:25
Message: <3B2E7A36.BB174441@taconic.net>
Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or pointers towards getting a
translucent effect in pov? (This is not to be confused with
transparency.)

Abe

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Translucent texture
Date: 18 Jun 2001 18:31:13
Message: <slrn9it09j.3gn.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:01:26 -0400, Abe wrote:
>Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or pointers towards getting a
>translucent effect in pov? (This is not to be confused with
>transparency.)

You can cheat with some objects, such as bicubic patches, that allow
illumination from both sides.  I think MegaPOV lets you turn on that
functionality for any object with the double_illuminate keyword.

If that doesn't do what you want, your only alternative is a dense
scattering media.  The down side to that, of course, is that it might
be a bit slow.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{

Post a reply to this message