POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translucent texture : Re: Translucent texture Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucent texture
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 19 Jun 2001 01:48:39
Message: <3b2ee7b7@news.povray.org>
Abe <bul### [at] taconicnet> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or pointers towards getting a
> translucent effect in pov? (This is not to be confused with
> transparency.)

I used the following pigment for frost on a window. It looked ok from a
distance.

pigment {
  bozo
  scale 0.0001
  color_map {
   [0.0 Clear]
   // [0.9 White]
   [1.0 White]
  }
 }

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *