POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : books Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:33 EDT (-0400)
  books (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Ryan Constantine
Subject: books
Date: 7 Feb 2001 12:55:31
Message: <3A818C10.BB2F494@ucdavis.edu>
i was wondering if many povers read 3d related books.  i recently got
several for christmas and my birthday, all of which weren't specific to
any particular 3d program.  they've been great so far, and i've got a
pretty good wish list going for more books.  while many things are
somewhat obvious to those who've done other forms of art or photography,
other things i never would figure out on my own.  have any of you had
similar experiences?

Post a reply to this message

Hi, Ryan. Are you asking for recommendations on book titles in the
field of ray tracing or 3d graphics?

  If you are just conducting an impromptu poll, this thread is better
suited to the off-topic group, thanks.

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:55:28 -0800 Ryan Constantine wrote:

>i was wondering if many povers read 3d related books.  i recently got
>several for christmas and my birthday, all of which weren't specific to
>any particular 3d program.  they've been great so far, and i've got a
>pretty good wish list going for more books.  while many things are
>somewhat obvious to those who've done other forms of art or photography,
>other things i never would figure out on my own.  have any of you had
>similar experiences?

Post a reply to this message

i thought they got rid of the off-topic group over a month ago!  is it
back?

Alan Kong wrote:

>   Hi, Ryan. Are you asking for recommendations on book titles in the
> field of ray tracing or 3d graphics?
>
>   If you are just conducting an impromptu poll, this thread is better
> suited to the off-topic group, thanks.
>
> --
> Alan - ako### [at] povrayorg - a k o n g <at> p o v r a y <dot> o r g
> http://www.povray.org - Home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer
>
> On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:55:28 -0800 Ryan Constantine wrote:
>
> >i was wondering if many povers read 3d related books.  i recently got
> >several for christmas and my birthday, all of which weren't specific to
> >any particular 3d program.  they've been great so far, and i've got a
> >pretty good wish list going for more books.  while many things are
> >somewhat obvious to those who've done other forms of art or photography,
> >other things i never would figure out on my own.  have any of you had
> >similar experiences?

Post a reply to this message