POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Very quick/small survey, please fill! (Message 17 to 26 of 56)
From: Harold Baize
Subject: Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
Date: 15 Nov 2000 19:50:02
Message: <3a132f3a$1@news.povray.org>
"> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
                3000x2000
>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
                3000x2000
> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
                  640x480
>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
                  640x480
>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
                  260
>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
                  60  (I don't do very many animations in POV)

> This survey will help me for some standards I will use for a utility for
povray
> I'm working on right now...  I'll publish my work whenever I get something
> good!  Right now it's still at the thinking stage, but should be fairly
easy to
> make a beta!
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> --
> +-------------------------+----------------------------------+
> | Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |
> | Email : Sin### [at] 666Mhznet | POV-Ray, OpenGL, C++ and more... |
> +-------------------------+----------------------------------+

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 15 Nov 2000 20:25:18
Message: <3A1337B2.F95C2F9C@peak.edu.ee>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

8000 x 6000

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800 x 600 or 1152 x 864 (my Windows desktop resolution)

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

Dunno. 640 x 480 probably.

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

Don't do much animation, but 360 x 240 is probably most common.

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

Around 12 minutes at 15 FPS - you work it out.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

I really don't do them often enough to give a meaningful average.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

>         please take some time to answer these two questions:
>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

2048x1536

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800x600

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

512x384

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

Only done it once

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

60

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

Only done it once

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom