POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 16 Nov 2000 01:59:13
Message: <3a1385c1$1@news.povray.org>
>1. Images size
>   a) What is the largest image size you've ever done?

    2048x2048 with AA 0.3

>   b) What is your usual image size for stills?

    512x384 for previews, 800x600 for final versions.

>2. Animations
>   a) What is the largest image size you've ever done?

    640x480

>   b) What is your usual image size for animations?

    320x240

>   c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?

    The biggest I've ever actually rendered is a 4604 frame animation, but
that one was actually just a cut-down version of the full 6561 frame
animation.  Parsing time for the full animation was too long for me to make
the IRTC deadline.  I'd say it was something about the 6561 case()
statements in a five-megabyte include file.

>   d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)

    Quite variable.  For test animations to check things like light
placement for a stills image, usually 50 or 100 frames.  For an actual
animation, between 100 and 1000 frames.