POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 16 Nov 2000 12:37:19
Message: <3A1429B7.2483CA26@yahoo.com>
> What kind of utility? Will there be a Mac version? :-)

Well, I'm currently on linux, mostly because of the devellopment ease of linux
for C++, but I used to grow with Macintoshs, we have almost every stages of the
mac here at home (MacSE, MacIIci, PowerMac 7600, PowerBook G3, PowerBook G4...),
my father is unable for some psychological reasons to sell them! ;)

And for me, I will definately move to a nice dual G4 when MacOX is released and
fully tested and also when I have enough cash!

So portability of my utility is a Big concern!  The beta version will only deal
with linux, but when most of the bugs are out, I'll port it to the mac and might
even do Windows!...
It will include a OpenGL interface (no need of a 3dfx or such) for graphics, of
cpu and render times, etc...  all this antialiased... with buttons and menus...
but this is the final!!  First it will be in text! hehe ;)

I don't want to spoil the whole surprise, but I'm Very convinced you will all
love it!!  All of you! ;)  Be patient...

--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |