POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RFE: polka dot pattern Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  RFE: polka dot pattern (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: RFE: polka dot pattern
Date: 14 Sep 2000 15:08:09
Message: <39C121EA.1B326964@alleganisd.org>
I would like to request a polka dot pattern made up of plain
circles. The bozo pattern does not make perfect circles (or does
it?) so I would like a polka dot pattern.

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:07:22 -0400, Chuck Roberts wrote:
>I would like to request a polka dot pattern made up of plain
>circles. The bozo pattern does not make perfect circles (or does
>it?) so I would like a polka dot pattern.

Try leopard.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

<cro### [at] alleganisdorg> wrote:

>I would like to request a polka dot pattern made up of plain
>circles. The bozo pattern does not make perfect circles (or does
>it?) so I would like a polka dot pattern.

Try spherical with a repeat warp and some turbulence (to the repeat
vector)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet

If you have MegaPOV you could also try a crackle pattern with form <1,0,0>

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

So turbulence can change aspects of repeat as much as the pattern
itself?

Peter Popov wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:07:22 -0400, Chuck Roberts
> <cro### [at] alleganisdorg> wrote:
>
> >I would like to request a polka dot pattern made up of plain
> >circles. The bozo pattern does not make perfect circles (or does
> >it?) so I would like a polka dot pattern.
>
> Try spherical with a repeat warp and some turbulence (to the repeat
> vector)
>
> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
> Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet
> TAG      e-mail : pet### [at] tagpovrayorg

Post a reply to this message