POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RFE: polka dot pattern : Re: RFE: polka dot pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RFE: polka dot pattern
From: Peter Popov
Date: 15 Sep 2000 15:52:04
Message: <5fu4sssql19hvdk8b2u57nbi9obkfrmb5d@4ax.com>
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:16:55 -0400, "Greg M. Johnson"
<gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:

>Could you code this out for me?

I take that back. Repeat warps have no turbulence. Sorry.

On the other hand, for basic shapes (sphere, plane, box, cylinder) you
can use a pattern sharing the same shape (spherical, planar, boxed,
cylindrical) combined with an inverse black hole warp and some
turbulence. For example,

sphere
{
  0, 1
  pigment
  {
    spherical
    color_map
    {
      [0 White]
      [0.01 White]
      [0.01 Black]
      [1 Black]
    }
    warp
    {
      black_hole 0, 0.05
      strength 1 inverse
      repeat 0.2 turbulence 0.1
    }
  }
}

This is just a wild guess typed in directly in my newsreader so it
might not even parse the first time around, not to mention working as
I hope it will, but at least I hope it makes my idea clear.

>So turbulence can change aspects of repeat as much as the pattern
>itself?

Sorry, I was wrong there, the result of too much mental stress
combined with lack of sleep. I'll double-check next time I post.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet