POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ (Message 10 to 19 of 39)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ
Date: 2 Sep 2000 03:42:11
Message: <39B0AD0C.5D506E0@faricy.net>
Brendan wrote:

> What about the misconception that POV-Ray's objects are solid when they are
> all really surfaces?

They *are* solid, but the texturing is superficial.

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Sep 2000 16:13:03
Message: <39b15f4f$1@news.povray.org>
|   The topic says it.
|   If you have some good topic suggestion for this section, please let me
| know.
|
|   And the URL was: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ/

I'll try that again.  Somehow my previous reply lost first use of the word
"moon":

Difficult thing to discern from other things already in the VFAQ.
A misconception could mean beliefs other than POV-specific features.
Such as, is a moon lit on the unseen side?  But then becomes POV-related
when you're wondering if light from a sun object is behind the moon will
illuminate objects behind it via reflected light.  That's already one, sort
of.
Anyway, not easy to think of something.  And I can't think of any very
frequently asked misconceptions at the moment.

Bob

Post a reply to this message