POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  4.0 Feature discussion (Message 51 to 60 of 94)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
Date: 12 Sep 2000 08:38:29
Message: <39BE228D.5A10A193@my-dejanews.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> isosurface{
>           function{y/290+noise3d(x*0.05,y**0.05,z**0.05)}
>            accuracy 0.01
>            threshold .21
>            contained_by {sphere{0,100}}
>         pigment{SeaGreen}
>         finish{ambient 0.1}
>         }

In case anyone wanted to try this at home, there's a typo above.  What I literally
did was this:

#declare fnoise=.05;
#declare  MyObject=
isosurface{
          function{y/290+
                  noise3d(x*fnoise,y*fnoise,z*fnoise)/1
                  }
           accuracy 0.01
           threshold .21
           contained_by {
                      sphere{0,100}
                        }
        pigment{SeaGreen}
        finish{ambient 0.1}

        }

Post a reply to this message

From: Yann Ramin
Date: 24 Sep 2000 19:04:24
Message: <39ce8878@news.povray.org>
Why not support a Perl based scene building language?  Maybe a filter which
spits out POV from Perl code... :)

Warp wrote:

>   "Modules" could be better.
>
>   As I have already said elsewhere, programming languages using modules
>   but
> which are not OO languages (such as Modula2) support structures that look
> a lot like object-oriented ones, however without being an OO language.
>
>   To be a truely OO language, the language has to support inheritance and
> dynamic binding (besides all the stuff that modules support of course).
>
>   It's kind of silly to talk about OO features when there are no mention
> about those two things.

Yann Ramin                      atr### [at] atrustrivalieeuorg
Atrus Trivalie Productions      www.redshift.com/~yramin
Monterey High IT                www.montereyhigh.com
AIM                             oddatrus
Marina, CA

IRM Developer                   Network Toaster Developer
SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer

( this .sig represents the view of the world at any one
        moment. Enjoy! )

"If I read the DeCSS source code in a forest, would it make
a copyrightable sound?"
- mwalker

"All cats die.  Socrates is dead.  Therefore Socrates is a cat."
        - The Logician