POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  4.0 Feature discussion (Message 45 to 54 of 94)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
Date: 11 Sep 2000 15:08:41
Message: <39bd2db9@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> So which "modellers" will allow me to compute the volume of the
> noise3d isosurface I'm working on?

> Yes, there are folks out there only interested in rendering
> store-bought DXF's,  but pov is  _so much more_  to many people.

> Push the envelope. Expand your horizon. Povray is the coolest toy there
is.

Hear hear!

POV-Ray, when used together with a simple text-editor, is indeed a
modeller - just not with a graphical interface!

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 11 Sep 2000 23:40:14
Message: <39BD9778.E9F7346C@peak.edu.ee>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Dogbert wags his tail at the slogan "POV-Ray is a renderer, not a modeller."
>
> So which "modellers" will allow me to compute the volume of the noise3d isosurface
> I'm working on?

You've answered your own question. If POV script is your modeller, do it there
with a macro. POV already contains many features usually associated with
modellers, but implementing renderer-specific features should always have higher
priority.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee