POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: Warp
Date: 12 Sep 2000 04:56:43
Message: <39bdefcb@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:
: To be fair, finding the command line option that does what you want in the
: docs is a bloody pain sometimes.  I *knew* that there was a option for this
: and it took me over an hour to find it.  Similarly, I knew you could
: continue a previous render, but it took posting to the group to find out
: what the option was.

  I don't understand why it should be so difficult to find it in the docs.

  First you look at the section named "POV-Ray options". That looks like
a promising name.
  Under that there's a subsection names "Options reference". Well, it may
not be the first place for a newbie to look, but there's no any better
subsection than that.
  Under that a subsection named "Output options" should be the most obvious.
  Again another subsection named "Display output options" and there is
the "Mosaic preview" section.

  A quite long set of suboptions, but it took about 10 seconds for me to
find the correct one.