POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  4.0 Feature discussion (Message 35 to 44 of 94)
From: Ian Witham
Subject: Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
Date: 10 Sep 2000 23:00:58
Message: <39bc4aea@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
> In article <39ba98c8@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
> wrote:
>
> >   You sound like using the command line field would be harder than
> > editing an ini file.
>
> I personally prefer the POV-Ray Mac way: go to Render Settings, either
> by going to the edit menu or by using the Cmnd-Y shortcut. Choose the
> "Preview" pane, if it isn't already up. If you want a mosaiac preview,
> check the box for it and adjust the sliders to the start and end sizes.
> Save preferences and render.

Stop it, you're making me miss my Mac, which I no longer have :-( Pov-Ray
for Mac-OS is just so much cooler than windows POV-Ray....  I especially
miss the output straight to QuickTime.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 11 Sep 2000 08:49:57
Message: <39bcd4f4@news.povray.org>
"Modules" could be better.

  As I have already said elsewhere, programming languages using modules but
which are not OO languages (such as Modula2) support structures that look
a lot like object-oriented ones, however without being an OO language.

  To be a truely OO language, the language has to support inheritance and
dynamic binding (besides all the stuff that modules support of course).

  It's kind of silly to talk about OO features when there are no mention
about those two things.