POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 11 Sep 2000 12:19:01
Message: <39bd05f5@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Fabien Mosen <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:
> :> 1) PROGRESSIVE RENDER.

> : You will be happy : it's already there !! Command-line options
> : +SP +EP ..

>   I think this is the main problem in WinPov. People don't care about command
> line options because they have everything (that is, they think they have
> everything) in menus and buttons. So they don't even read the documentation
> about command line options and thus miss this kind of basic options (which
> most command line users, like me, have used from the very beginning).
>   As we can see, they usually don't even know _where_ the command line
> options field is in WinPov.

To be fair, finding the command line option that does what you want in the
docs is a bloody pain sometimes.  I *knew* that there was a option for this
and it took me over an hour to find it.  Similarly, I knew you could
continue a previous render, but it took posting to the group to find out
what the option was.

That is one of the areas of the docs that I'd like to see cleaned up.  I'm
sure there are other command line options that I don't know about and have
no clue to look for that could be really useful.

Geoff