POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : List of povray versions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  List of povray versions (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Re: List of povray versions
Date: 29 Aug 2000 05:41:03
Message: <39AB83E2.99A84B5D@skynet.be>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> (STAR, myth or legend?  Not sure a distribution with that name ever occured)

<<
Version 0.02 BETA Release 7/29/91 (as STAR-Light)
----------------------------------
 First version is still basically DKBTrace 2.12 with a few new features.

 - Materials mapping added by Drew Wells.(see matmap.dat)
 - ONION & LEOPARD textures added by Scott Taylor.
 - Time to trace display added by Bill Pulver.
 - Grayscale display (+g) for IBM-PC's added by Scott Taylor.
 - Small wood texture bug fixed to create true cylinders.
 - Verbose now displays more info including file being traced.
 - Option +vO added to enable old-style terse verbose.
 - Texture.c broken into smaller modules.
 - PAINTED1, 2, & 3 added for developers.
 - BUMPY1, 2, & 3 added for developers.

(excerpt from "history.doc", accompanying PV-Ray 0.5 beta package)

The "STAR-Light" name was dropped because of possible problems with
another software bearing that name.

And, until 1.0, it was "PV-Ray" (without an O)

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message