POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : List of povray versions : Re: List of povray versions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of povray versions
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 29 Aug 2000 10:47:10
Message: <39ABCBB4.59B07022@my-dejanews.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> So people could search for a specific feature and find the POV versions
> which support it?

That's not what I meant, and it's not something I was planning to do or
would find easy.  If someone could arrange THAT database and there's value
to it (?), it could go in.

What I meant was that I would encourage each entry submission for the
collection to say what version of povray was used.  A historian could look
to see just how primitive DBK images were;  an "offical release" purist
could be inspired by the special effects of Mega to try it; the pov-team
might be impressed by a hand-coded patch to implement it, etc.....

Of course, I also envision  a Columbian magazine editor or a kid wanting to
be inspired by just how good a landscape image can be to  would be enabled
in their search by the categories of "country of origin" and "theme."

See :
http://www.geocities.com/pterandon/povcdform.html