POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : List of povray versions : Re: List of povray versions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of povray versions
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 Aug 2000 05:55:30
Message: <39ab8892@news.povray.org>

----snipped----

| The "STAR-Light" name was dropped because of possible problems with
| another software bearing that name.
|
| And, until 1.0, it was "PV-Ray" (without an O)

Great to know.  Thanks Fabien, I wondered about the possibility of a
different naming of the earlier POV-Ray versions but I checked up on it in
each of their Docs before posting.  And I never say "Tracer" but say "Trace"
and am in eror to do so apparently.  I don't have the version 0.5 so
couldn't check.

Bob