POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:09:05 EDT (-0400)
  Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc
Date: 19 Aug 2000 22:10:49
Message: <399F3C11.D452E63F@faricy.net>
|       POV-Ray Matrix Calculator       |
|              Version 1.1              |
|  Copyright(C) 2000 by David Fontaine  |

PLEASE READ THE FILE LICENSE.TXT BEFORE
USING.

FEATURES:
- Standard translate, scale, and rotate
  transforms
- Shearing
- Arbitrary axis rotation and scaling
- Linear matrix transforms
- Cut and paste code to and from POV-Ray
- Undo and Redo up to 50 levels
- Floating-point roundoff correction

FOR A DESCRIPTION OF ANY OF THE BUTTONS
AND THEIR FUNCTION, PAUSE THE MOUSE OVER
THE BUTTON TO RECIEVE A TOOLTIP.

LEGAL DATA FORMAT:
When entering data in the dialog boxes,
entries must be in the following format:
     [-]n[.n][e[-]n]
  - The case of the 'e' in scientific
    notation does not matter.
  - Multiple negatives -will- be read
    properly.
  - Any characters other than numbers,
    '.', '-', 'E' or 'e' will be skipped.
    This allows for comma separators.
    Multiple decimals or e's are invalid.

COPY AND PASTE FORMAT:
To copy a matrix into POV, just hit the
copy button and POV code is placed on the
clipboard.
When pasting, just highlight the matrix in
POV and copy it. THE FIRST CHARACTER IN
THE CLIPBOARD MUST BE THE "m" OF "matrix"
FOR THE PROGRAM TO BE ABLE TO READ IT.

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/

Post a reply to this message