POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc : Re: Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc
From: David Fontaine
Date: 22 Aug 2000 17:32:36
Message: <39A2EF54.F14CD4AA@faricy.net>
Peter Warren wrote:

> Seriously, I love little VB programs (it was my 'first' language).

My first was QBasic, but any form of Basic is nice and intuitive,
high-level, and doesn't bother the user with dynamic memory
considerations. For serious programming I use C (I've still to learn
much C++), but this is a small app and is hardly CPU or memory
intensive. Of course C and C++ are not that great when it comes to
pointers; it is theoretically possible to make a language that
automatically handles all of that...

> Maybe you could include a sample .pov file to demonstrate,
> for those of us who are 'matrix challenged'.

Hmm, I wouldn't really know what to put in it, it seems that the
calculator itself is fairly explanatory that a matrix simply stores
whatever object tranformations you want. Anyone who wants an explanation
of the matrix' functionality can visit my own or VanSickle's page.

> Keep up the good work,

Major thankies!

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/