POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc : Re: Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic usage instructions for Matrix Calc
From: Warp
Date: 23 Aug 2000 06:53:35
Message: <39a3ad2e@news.povray.org>
I apologize if I sounded a bit rude.
  My intention was not to underestimate your work nor diminish the value
of your program.
  The problem is mainly that I'm a bit too perfectionist. When someone
announces a new utility, patch, include file or whatever, I always ask
to myself:

  - What is the purpose of this new utility? What is it made for?
  - What does this new utility do that may be useful to me?
  - Does it do something not possible or very hard to do with the existing
    tools?

  If I can't find any satisfactory answer to any of those questions, I begin
to ask why this utility has been done. Does it serve any practical purpose
or is it just made for fun, but without any real use for people?

  When someone announces a new utility I like sincerity in the announcement.
That is, if what the programs does can be made easily with existing tools,
it would be nice if that was mentioned.

  Again, I apologize if I offended you in any way.