POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone read this? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone read this? (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: C J  - POV User
Subject: Anyone read this?
Date: 9 Aug 2000 22:12:01
Message: <39920f71@news.povray.org>
I found this while surface for POV Stuff...
http://www.3dark.com/soapbox/random_fuzz/aa_v1a3.html

C.J. - POV User
www.crosswinds.net/~povstudy

Post a reply to this message

From: C J  - POV User
Subject: Re: Anyone read this?
Date: 9 Aug 2000 22:24:55
Message: <39921277$1@news.povray.org>
err...
surfing.
DOH!
C.J. - POV User

From: Warp
Date: 10 Aug 2000 05:25:41
Message: <39927515@news.povray.org>
I think there's lot of misleading information there.

  "POV-Ray 3.1 is an interface-driven program, but to a certain extent"

  Certainly not. The core povray engine has no user interface at all
(and much less "graphical"). It only reads a file (created by something
completely external to povray) and writes to an image file. That's it.
  Yes, the windows version of povray has some add-ons that may be considered as
interface, but they are not specifically part of POV-Ray 3.1.

  "The rest of the interface is a text-editor whereby you modify the parameters
and tweak the settings on the many, many objects in your scene. This, to a lot
of renderers - especially, the old schoolers - is how it should be done."

  I have never heard any "old schooler" saying this. Most of them just laugh
to povray for the lack of a modeller and they don't like its output quality
either.
  Ok, some povray-users could be regarded as "old schoolers"... :)

  And so on.