POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests for POV 3.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests for POV 3.5 (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: Pabs
Subject: Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5
Date: 10 Aug 2000 21:49:30
Message: <39935BE7.AB4FF0BB@hotmail.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <10n5ps4sjuvnbl6398bihmen322htdppue@4ax.com>, Peter Popov
> <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>
> > This has already been implemented in another raytracer so it's not
> > that impossible.
>
> So have some of the other things, but they would all require large
> changes in the architecture and source code. Adding it to POV would
> probably be impossible...it would probably be easier to write a new
> renderer that supports those things.

There is a link to a POV patch (over v2.2) that does this in
http://povray.org/links/3D_Programs/POV-Ray_Unofficial_Patches_and_Front_End_Programs/POV-Ray_Patches_v2_2/

--
Bye
Pabs

Post a reply to this message

From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Aug 2000 23:49:53
Message: <399377e1@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote...

>  - True displacement mapping for all objects, using curved rays

Would we want to do it any other way?

>  - Relativistic effects, with adjustable light speed

Ooooh... sounds like fun.  :-)  (Yes, I've seen the animations from the
renderer that already does this.)

>  - Custom BDRF functions

Actually, this shouldn't be too far off as a MegaPov feature.  (of course,
post-3.5)

>  - 5x faster rendering and parsing

My favorite by far.  Anybody want to volunteer to write this patch?

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message