POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests for POV 3.5 : Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Aug 2000 23:49:53
Message: <399377e1@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote...

>  - True displacement mapping for all objects, using curved rays

Would we want to do it any other way?

>  - Relativistic effects, with adjustable light speed

Ooooh... sounds like fun.  :-)  (Yes, I've seen the animations from the
renderer that already does this.)

>  - Custom BDRF functions

Actually, this shouldn't be too far off as a MegaPov feature.  (of course,
post-3.5)

>  - 5x faster rendering and parsing

My favorite by far.  Anybody want to volunteer to write this patch?

-Nathan